In the age of social media our inner needs and values can be prejudiced against if we are suffering greatly within ourselves especially in our social and work occupations. To build upon my creative abilities and expand my views I’d like to ask a few questions to gather qualitative research on the topic of mental health to be used for the purpose of writing to a wider audience. Below I’ve listed questions I intend to ask.
- Have you ever been rejected in work occupations because of how you appear to be at face value?
- Have you ever had problems with communicating your physical needs because of suffering from a mental health issue?
- If you have any diagnosed mental health problems do you find medication helps your symptoms? If so, what and how.
- Do you struggle with daily living functioning in every day life but your intelligence and abilities are seen as having capacity?
- Have you ever been criticised within health professions?
- Do you often have to change occupations because of your mental health difficulties?
- Do you have a strong support network to communicate your needs?