From the naked eye you see a smile
A delightful smile of a woman who has everything
What you don’t see are the bricks within the decorated walls
The bricks that weigh down her emotions
The bricks that fall on her heavy as she sleeps
You can’t see the bricks she holds within herself
So you judge, you assume, you scoff
It doesn’t hurt to be a little kind
For a mental health illness is heavy
Not a personal failure or a mistake
Mental health isn’t a means for ridicule
Mental health should be a means for recovery
Allow your soul to feel the warmth of the summer air as you close your eyes and imagine an exotic beach surrounded by fields of sunflowers and dandelions dancing in alignment with the velvet green grass.
Your soul feels passion, it feels delight, it is the symphony of the milk way, an inner warmth that only you can feel.
Really close your eyes. Imagine the blazing hot sun shimmering between the trees separating the path from the shadows, forests of soilders standing guard of engraved copper caves watching over the sea guiding the ships and its sailors.
Imagine a safe spot within the forest where you can let go of your thoughts, a feeling of self-control and self-comfort listening to the echoes of natures most glorious species.
A lighthouse with a light bearing a ninety degree view of the soft white sand.
Breathe in an out slowly but deeply for five minutes whilst imaging the beauty of the forest. The forest by the shore.
Psychologists and psychiatrists can play their part in treating a borderline by reorganisation.
Below I’ve listed ways how:
- Replace ‘you are too emotional and take things to heart’ with the words ‘I know you’re struggling, please can you explain to me what happened in more detail and why you feel the way you do? If the therapist is weary of delusions compromising or interfering with the therapy then they can arrange a follow up meeting and ask the same question again for clarification purposes.
- Ask a borderline what their creative hobbies are and suggest creative activities they can do.
- Remind the borderline they are aware their negative emotions are not intentional but be more parental in a supportive way and suggest ways can remove the anger from their processes although in times of crisis the anger can be explosive because of the highs and the lows.
- Introduce positive communication methods and integrate this into therapy to help the borderline communicate more efficiently in times of distress.
- Dont take things to heart with a borderline- they can lose their trust pretty quickly but only because they’ve been hurt so much before.
How do we build upon our self-esteem?
- Write a list of what you value about yourself and how you can make a difference to other people’s lives
- Write down a list of characteristics you want and believe you already have them
- Write down a list of positive achievements and attributes you’ve created in your life and how you created them as this will keep the mind focused on creating new ideologies
- What are your hobbies? Do you confirm to the individual beside you or do you trust your own intuition?
- If you could have any career you want what career would you choose?
- Define yourself, take the pen, make a work of art 🖼